Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Almost spring break!

Hi Everyone!!  I'm at it again, what can I say. . .

Bayou City Arts Festival
So, something really big rolling around right now is my mom's bead show- it's Mar 26-28 (you should come!!) at Memorial Park in Houston; it's the Bayou City Arts Festival, a very competitive show she was accepted into! She found out back in December that she got in, she was SO excited, then a few weeks ago she called me saying she got a letter in the mail telling her she'd made it in the top 10 finalists for Houston's Favorite Artist! Voting is live now on FaceBook, click this link and please vote for her if you haven't already!!
http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/25427/voteable_entries

Spring Break!!
Well, next week is spring break! I'm fortunate enough to have the week off from work and school. I really need the rest and "me" time. Kyle will be working in Brenham a lot on HLF (i.e., his business) and I might spend some time in Houston with family! My nephew Gage will be competing in Muttin' Bustin' at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Mar 14 so I will be down there for that... 2 years ago he got 2nd place, won some chaps, a belt buckle etc! We're so proud of our champion! Back in January Kyle and I got to have Gage & Kyla with us for an entire weekend, it was so special; Kyla would crawl in bed with us every night and they always wanted to play Wii in the morning! :) We can't wait to have them over again...hopefully in our new place (wherever that ends up being) in Houston when we move!

This week I will be working, teaching, and prepping for me time!  As of Friday afternoon I'm not setting my alarm clock! =)

Until next time... <><

No comments:

Post a Comment